I know, I know … another reading challenge!
“But wait,” you’re saying. “You’ve already signed up for a TBR challenge!”
Why, yes, I did. I’ve already signed up for the Mount TBR Reading Challenge, but that one is for books released before 2012. The 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge is for books released ONLY in 2011. Since I have a ton of those on my shelf, I thought it would be good incentive to get them read!
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway – 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love At First Sight
41-50 – Married With Children—
I will be signing up for LEVEL 11-20: A FRIENDLY HUG. So far, I have 16 books in my released-in-2011 pile, so I’m hoping to get them all read! Wish me luck.
1. The Man In My Basement, by Walter Mosley
2. Room, by Emma Donaghue
3. Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs
Are you signing up for this challenge?
© 2011-2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.