Boom, baby! It has been 6 months that I’ve been blogging — or, since I “restarted” blogging — on TUESDAY! How exciting is that? I’m so happy to have met so many awesome bloggers who have given me inspiration for my blog — I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. :)
You also might notice that I’ve been working hard at more updates! There’s now an AUDIOBOOK REVIEW page, which just a handful of reviews posted on it for now. I do have about 3 scheduled to come out in the coming months as audiobooks are my latest bookish addiction. I’ve also been working hard at making some buttons for some memes I do AND for some of the features of my blog, one of which is this SUNDAY READS. I particularly like this button!
Next, I saw THE HUNGER GAMES on Friday!! I’m so excited still and wish I could go right back to the theater and watch it again. It was just how I wanted it to be and I came out with a change of heart towards Peeta and a dislike for people who decide to go to a movie and discuss the movie as it’s playing — while other people are trying to watch it. Regardless, I plan to go back SOON to watch it and I’ll be one of the first people to buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray. I’m betting there will be some awesome special features.
This was has been good for reading! I managed to get through some audiobooks while doing work around the house, I dug into Lauren Oliver’s Delirium series — then kicked myself in the butt for not reading it sooner! — and I worked on my second VLOG for my IMM post, which will be posted later today.
Remember those puppies I was waiting for during Bloggiesta? Well, that happened to be a false alarm — sadly — BUT my husband and I are breeding our dog this year (a second try for us, since we also tried last year) and she’ll be doing “the dirty deed” this week. Fingers crossed that in 9 weeks or so we’ll have a pile of little Bernese Mountain Dogs running around the house. Or, eating, since they’ll be too little and sleepy for running.
Now, onto my reads!
1. The Girl in the Steel Corset (The Steampunk Chronicles, #1), by Kady Cross
A wonderful introduction to steampunk! I look forward to the next one in this series.
2. An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green (audiobook)
The first YA audiobook I’ve listened to and it was so much fun, thanks to a great narrator!
3. Delirium (Delirium, #1), by Lauren Oliver
Awesome, awesome book! I recommend you have the SECOND book on hand if you plan to read this one.
4. City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1), by Cassandra Clare (audiobook)
I’ve read this multiple times, but it’s just as good — if not, better! — the fourth time.
5. Hana (Delirium, #1.5), by Lauren Oliver (Novella)
I thought this was a great addition to the trilogy! Boy is Lauren Oliver sneaky.
6. The Goddess Hunt (Godess Test, #1.5), by Aimee Carter (Novella)
Wonderful, wonderful … and with Henry’s POV, which was awesome!
7. Pandemonium (Delirium, #2), by Lauren Oliver
I can’t believe how fast I read this … and I can’t believe how long a wait it is until the next one!
8. The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (The Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5), by Kady Cross (Novella)
A nice lead-up to the first book!
9. Seeds of Wither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy, #1.5), by Lauren DeStefano (Short Story)
So, unbelievably short! It was nice to have an extra story, but I was disappointed.
What I’m currently reading and/or listening to:
2. The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1), by Julie Kagawa
This week, I plan to read (and yes, this is just a copy of LAST WEEK’s list!):
1. Sweet Light, by Jen Wylie
2. The Summer My Life Began, by Shannon Greenland
3. The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (The Steampunk Chronicles, #2), by Kady Cross
What are you reading this week?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.