<insert Rocky theme>
On her blog, Danielle writes:
If you decide to participate in the Fall 2012 edition you can expect:
- to spend time that weekend (as much or as little as your schedule allows) working on your blog
- to create a to do list to share on your blog and link up with other participants
- to hopefully participant in several mini challenges and learn something new
- to connect with other participants through blog hopping or twitter
- to make new blogging friends!
- to come away at the end of the three days with a spiffed up blog!
Let me just say that I wasn’t planning on participating in this round of Bloggiesta. Nope. It wasn’t until I saw Amanda’s super-organized post that I wanted in on all the action.
*cough* Enabler! *cough*
So far as I know, hubs is home that weekend, but it looks like I’ll be busy with blog stuff. Hopefully golf is on the TV.
Here are my goals (which are bound to change) for Bloggiesta:
THINGS THAT MUST BE DONE – SUPER SIMPLE BUT TOTALLY NECESSARY
Back up the blog.
- Change the password.
THINGS THAT WILL BE TEDIOUS & WILL PROBABLY SET ME OFF ON SEVERAL COMPLAINING TANGENTS
- Add new signature to old posts. (This is done from July 2012 onward — to tedious to do them all!)
Come up with a ratings scale.
- Add said rating scale to all reviews. Yes. ALL reviews. (Nope. Not gonna happen. Did this from July 2012 onward — will do the rest as time permits.)
- Add links to reviews to other reviews by author, or other reviews in series.
(Note: So I changed my thoughts about the three remaining things on this list. I’ve been updating to a new look for my reviews, but will only try to do that for posts from this year forward. The rating scale will be done as I can do it — it’s been taking FOREVER to update all of my posts, so this isn’t something that’ll get done this weekend.)
THE LITTLE THINGS (DO THESE LAST SO I CAN REJOICE IN THE EASIER THINGS IN LIFE)
Update archives. Add reviews to Goodreads(And Indigo. Maybe.). Ensure all pending reviews are written. Schedule November Book Hoarders posts. (& for December!) Draft Clock Rewinders posts for October. Schedule all Blogiversary posts for October.
- Draft discussions for November.
Update old Book Hoarder posts with the new picture (with an apostrophe!)
Write up blog schedule for the first half of 2013 (inspired by Amanda — doing this, I can see I’ll need 65 reviews for the first half of the year, 15 discussions, and 15 cover love posts, with a book hoarder post each week!)
Clean out Google Reader (I’ve been letting this pile up ALL WEEK and really needed to get it cleaned out before it got to be too much!)
Update Pinterest (saw this over on April’s blog and remembered I had a Pinterest account)
Review and update blog roll (stolen from Suey’s list!)
THE ONGOING FUN THINGS (WHICH WILL PROBABLY TAKE UP MOST OF MY TIME)
- Meet new bloggers.
- Comment on other participants’ blogs.
- Chat on Twitter (like I really needed to record that).
Looks like I have my work cut out for me!
Are you participating in Bloggiesta? Anything else you’d like to see spruced up on my blog?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.