From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
This week was ZOMBIE WEEK! LOOK OUT! There’s one behind you!!
Cover love comparison — Dearly, Departed (Gone with the Respiration, #1), by Lia Habel
Book review — Dearly, Departed (Gone with the Respiration, #1), by Lia Habel
Feature — The FREAKIEST Zombie Book Covers!
Guest Post — My 2 Favourite Zombie Books of This Year, by Siobhan from Conversations of a Reading Addict
Audiobook review — Married With Zombies (Living With the Dead, #1), by Jesse Petersen
Discussion — Vampires Vs. Zombies (with a handy, dandy comparison chart)
Guest review — The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1), by Carrie Ryan — by Alexa, from Alexa Loves Books
Book Hoarders Selection — This is Not a Test, by Courtney Summers
Musical Saturday — Don’t Give Me No Zombies
Stay tuned next week for WITCH WEEK! I’m gonna cast a spell on you!
In a way, this past week was super good — I talked with a lot of bloggers and finally feel like I’m doing the blogging thing right. Of course, that being said, I know I’m going to need to take a long nap after this month’s Extravaganza, Bloggiesta, and the Blogiversary Month celebration. It’s so much fun doing all of this, but I look forward to being a little more relaxing as a blogger.
In my real life, I actually got a phone call for an interview for a part-time job at my local library. My fingers and toes are definitely crossed for this because I want it SOOO BADLY! I worked for years in jobs that were fine, but not something I love, so to get this would really make my day.
I managed to read quite a bit this week and went through TWO audiobooks, and a handful of physical books. It feels nice to clean up the TBR pile! Speaking of which, I signed up for Unbreaking the Shelves last Sunday and got rid of over 200 books from my shelves. That’s 200 according to Goodreads, but there were plenty of books that weren’t included in that list, as well as books I had read, but didn’t like. It BARELY took a dent out of my shelves, though, and I still have over 300 that I own and need to read. Go me. BUT, I did donate these books to two separate libraries, which felt pretty good.
I also signed up for Bloggiesta, which I WASN’T going to do, but eventually was convinced. It’s amazing how I didn’t think I had anything to work on until I started making a list. Turns out I’ll have plenty to do!
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere!
- Vicky posted some great advice on preventing spam on your blog.
- Smash went to the Decatur Book Festival and recapped it in all its glory.
- Bloggiesta is coming! Have you signed up?
- Amanda and Kelly started an awesome new feature where they read books we won’t. SO, if you want to know what they thought about a book that involves (not-so-hot) mummy lovin’, go HERE!
I always seem to forget about posting things partway through the week … let me just say, YOU ALL ROCK!
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy, #1), by Ruth Warburton
- This was a good read, though not my favourite. Review will be up this week!
- Suite Scarlett (Scarlett, #1), by Maureen Johnson (audiobook)
- A very fun listen — I loved this one! Look for my review on Leanne’s blog this week!
- The First Part Last, by Angela Johnson
- Short & sweet, the story of pregnancy at a young age. Not bad! Recommended by my local librarian.
- Out of the Dust, by Karen Hesse (audiobook)
- Another recommendation from my librarian friend — kind of depressing, though!
- Breed, by Chase Novak
- After Jenni read this, I had to. It was OK. Not a leave-the-lights-on kind of book.
- Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2), by Kendare Blake
- Yes, I’m still reading this. I’m bored. I think this should’ve ended with book #1.
- Peeps (Peeps, #1), by Scott Westerfeld
- This book is kind of awesome. But not for the squeamish.
- Speechless, by Hannah Harrington
- Thank you to Sarah for this one!
- The Fallen Angel (Gabriel Allon, #12), by Daniel Silva
- Thank you to HarperCollins Canada! This is #12 in the series — I’ll have to find the first book!
- Breed, by Chase Novak
- I’m actually getting this one from the library and am CRAZY EXCITED to read it!
- Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1), by Gena Showalter
- Oh zombies. But seriously, how awesome does this book look? VERY!
- The White Queen (The Cousins’ War, #1), by Philippa Gregory
- I’ve never read anything by Gregory, but I’m so intrigued by her books!
sexy gritty vampire book
– I would say Rhiannon Frater’s Pretty When She Dies! Very sexy and gritty.
beth revis book 3
– You mean, Shades of Earth? I am so excited for that one!
Other funny things:
Because I loved Jesse Petersen’s audiobook for Married With Zombies, I went onto my library’s website to find the audiobook for the second book in the series, Flip This Zombie and this came up:
These were the only three books that came up in the search. Anyone else notice a book that has nothing to do with zombies?
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.