From Amanda’s blog:
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and I shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week.
This week was VAMPIRE WEEK!
Blog Tour Stop — Rhiannon Frater, Pretty When She Kills (Pretty When She Dies, #2)
Guest Post — Jenn from Booksessed talks about her kind of vampires in Confessions of a Vampire Purist.
Book Hoarder’s Selection — The Turning (Blood Ties, #1), by Jennifer Armentrout
Stay tuned next week for PARANORMAL WEEK – the LAST week of my event! Keep the lights on!
While last week was full of AWESOME, this week was just kind of slower:
- Watched Season 2 of Supernatural — still love it! Some of the episodes are super creepy and some are super cheesy, but I’m glad I’m watching it now. Maybe at this rate I’ll catch up by the time the new season starts!
- I’ve started watching The Walking Dead. What a CREEPY show! Creepy and very gross. My husband doesn’t like it, but EVERYONE seems to be raving about it, so I wanted to give it a whirl. Season 1 rocked and I’m just starting Season 2. SO MANY THINGS!
(Note: I absolutely LOVE Fall TV. It’ll be interesting to see how I balance all my favourite shows, NEW shows, and my reading.)
- I managed to get LOTS of reading in this week, which was awesome. This is good because hubs will be home quite a bit in the next week, so I’m guessing my reading will go down a bit.
Unbreaking the Shelves progress:
- Well, I managed to read ONE review book from my list AND I started a new series. I also started ANOTHER series, but that wasn’t on the list. Still, it’s a book from my own-must-read pile, so it still counts.
- On the other hand, I also BOUGHT 4 books this week AND won one, so I guess I’m at +2.
- I read a LOT of library books, so I think I need to request less of those. BUT, some of them accomplish my series reading, so that’s a good thing.
- I did manage to delete some of my freebies off of my Kobo, which is progress AND it helps keep my TBR number in the 370s. Will I ever escape the 370s?
Awesome things happening around the blogosphere!
- Amanda at On a Book Bender has a SUPER IMPORTANT POST about how NOT to make friends on Twitter. Do you commit any of these crimes?
- I moseyed over to Anne’s blog, Creativity’s Corner, and reviewed Angela Johnson’s The First Part Last.
- Stephen King turned 65 this past week. I remember being super scared of a LOT of his movies. One in particular, Pet Semetary, I watched alone in the basement with the dog. FREAKED ME RIGHT OUT!
I’m SURE there was more that went down, but I’ve been in a bubble all week, it seems. Since I don’t have lots of links, I’ll give you guys this awesome video by Alex Day:
*** my listing style for this section is totally stolen from the oh-so-organized Amanda, who got it from Tara. My hope is that some of their organization will rub off on me. Is it possible? Not likely.
- Who I Kissed, by Janet Gurtler (for review)
- A book that made me think. I like those.
- The Unquiet, by Jeanniene Garsee
- THIS is the kind of creepy book I like! I couldn’t even read it at night. WIN!
- I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1), by Barry Lyga (audiobook)
- I wanted to like this one more. ONE SCENE almost had me turn it off. Gross.
- A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1), by Libba Bray
- Happy I’m FINALLY reading this series! And I got to throw tomatoes at Amanda!
- Husk, by Corey Redekop (for review)
- Not really my kind of zombie book, but it was fun. And very gory.
- Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1), by Becca Fitzpatrick
- I’ve owned this series FOREVER! It’s about time I start reading it.
- The Devil’s Metal (Devils, #1), by Karina Halle (for review)
- I did NOT have time to read this before my stop on the blog tour, but Kelly’s review (at Reading the Paranormal) convinced me. So far, it’s awesome.
- At Grave’s End (Night Huntress, #3), by Jeaniene Frost
- I know I still have to read the second book in this series, but I feel better knowing I have book #3 on hand.
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1), by Sarah J. Mass
- EVERYONE is raving about this. That probably means I’ll hate it. WE WILL SEE!
- Silence (Hush, Hush, #3), by Becca Fitzpatrick
- I’m trying to buy the books for series I own — I constantly want to buy the second book in this series, so it’s about time I bought the correct one.
- The Diviners (The Diviners, #1), by Libba Bray
- It humours me that people who read this think it’s such a feat to finish. IT’S ONLY 600 PAGES! There are much longer books. Feel free to whine when you finish reading The Count of Monte Cristo, which is 1,200+ pages.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
- I didn’t intend to read this one, BUT Simon & Schuster Canada is sending me tickets to the advance screening of the movie, SO another Edmonton blogger and I decided to read the book beforehand.
- The Space Between Us, by Jessica Martinez
- This looks pretty good! Won from Simon & Schuster Canada.
- Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1), by P. T. Michelle
- I saw a review for this over on Michelle’s blog @ Book Briefs and HAD to add it. The cover is STUNNING!
best book by Kristin Hannah
– One of my FAVOURITE Adult Contemporary authors! I would say her best book is Night Road.
support your local library
— YES! I AGREE WITH THIS COMPLETELY!
books to read during winter
— Uh. All of them? What else is there to do?
edmonton book bloggers
— Oh, you mean this lovely group? Yes. We’re awesome:
How was your week? Have you read anything good lately?
© 2012, Reading In Winter. All rights reserved.